If you've stumbled upon this website, there's a good chance you have nagging memories of a book you read during your childhood. Your memories may be so vague that you're not certain you didn't just dream it up. Or you might remember vivid details about the book's plot and characters - virtually everything except that much-needed title or author.

Some books come up on discussion boards with such surprising frequency, you have to wonder how such a well-loved book could be out of print. And many of them are out of print. However, all hope is not lost.

Gathered together on this blog are some of the most often-requested and well-remembered children's picture and chapter books of the 20th century. Take a moment and browse the title list; maybe one of them will jump out at you. Or, use the search box at the top of the screen. Keywords are included with each book. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at favoritechildrensbooks@gmail.com. We hope to help reunite you with your
Favorite Children's Books.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Mommy

Little Mommy
by Sharon Kane,
originally published in 1967.

Summary
The "Little Mommy" in this story is an adorable little girl. We spend the day in her charming company as she cares for her dolls, treats their ills, gives them a tea party, feeds them dinner, and puts them to bed.

"This is my house and I am the Mommy. My children are Annabelle, Betsy, and Bonny. They are good little children and do just as I say. I put on their coats and they go out to play. Billy is Daddy, he works in the city. He has a new car. Isn't it pretty?"

"My children like to go for a ride. They sit in the buggy side by side. Now I will teach you the A B C, And who can count to ten for me?" "My neighbor comes for a cup of tea. We have a party by the cherry tree."

"Oh, dear! I'm afraid Betsy is ill! I put her to bed and give her a pill. I call on the phone for Doctor Dan. He says he'll come as fast as he can. Danny is Doctor and he comes in a hurry. He takes her temperature and says, "Don't worry." "She'll be well as quick as a wink. It's just the mumbledy bumps, I think."

"We Mommies have so much to do. Good night, dollies, I'm sleepy too."

Check availability
Amazon.com

Keywords: Doll, Little Golden Book, Eloise Wilkin

Character Names: Annabelle, Betsy, Bonny, Bonnie, Billy, Danny

Little MommySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment